Celebrate Summer with these Cool Recipes
Enjoy the summer by keeping it cool! With summer heat and little relief for a while, what better way to celebrate summer than a mixing up a few fun takes on iced coffees and teas? All you need is some milk, coffee or tea and flavored syrups. We recommend choosing one of our many flavors Monin or Torani for flavorings. For more recipes, you can visit Torani and Monin’s websites.
Classic Cold Brew Coffee:
The cold brewing style of coffee comes once from the innovators in Japan around the 1600’s, and was called “Kyoto-Style” for its popularity in the city of Kyoto, Japan. Originally produced in drip tower setups, today is is produced by soaking grounds to create coffee that is less acidic than hot drinks.
Recommended grind: Coarse
- Add 4 oz of coffee grounds to a 1 quart container.
- Soak the grounds with 3 1/2 cups of cold water for approximately 18-24 hours at room temperature.
- Strain the finished brew through a filter.
- This creates a concentrate, we recommend serving 1 part concentrate to 2-3 parts water.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
We sell a fresh roasted Passport Cold Brew Blend specifically made for this process HERE.
When hot coffee cools it becomes bitter and sharp. The acidic taste is greatly increased and can be overpowering. Cold brew coffee is never heated so it remains smooth and allows for other types of drinks such as Nitro.
- Iced Mocha Popsicle
- • 1 cups of Passport Cold Brew Concentrate ( Cold Brew Blend)
- • 1 cup 1/2 and 1/2 or milk substitute
- • 3 oz of Chocolate Sauce.
- Optional: Nuts
- Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Place into mold and freeze until done.
- 1 banana previously sliced and frozen
- ½ cup milk or milk substitute
- 3oz of Passport Cold brew concentrate (Cold Brew Blend)
- ¼ cup rolled oats
Optional: spoonful of nut butter
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth, adding more milk as necessary to reach a consistency to your liking.
- Optionally top with a sprinkle of chocolate and serve immediately.
Cold Brew Teas….
When making iced tea try a cold brew method. Cold brewing tea is similar to cold brew coffee in that you steep the loose leaves in cold water over an extended period of time. This creates a more mild drink with less tannin bitterness. Steep time is much less strict making it the perfect drink for those who don’t have the time or patience to watch the clock. Many teas to choose…. SHOP
1. Place 1/4 cup of loose tea in a 3 liter pitcher.
2. Fill with cool filtered water.
3. Place in refrigerator over night, approximately 6-8 hours.
3. Strain tea leaves.
4. Tea is cold and ready to enjoy.
Best if used with in 24-48 hours
Vanilla Chai Iced Latte
- 5 oz of brewed tea Passport Vanilla Chai black tea – Make tea double strength or use 3oz of cold brew tea
- 1 1/2 oz of Vanilla syrup
- Milk or milk substitute
- Mix tea and syrup together, then add ice add milk.
- Stir and enjoy.
More fun cool drinks to help you celebrate summer! SHOP
Frozen Pink Tea Latte
- 4 oz of brewed Passport Hibiscus Green Tea – brewed double strength or 3 oz on cold brew tea concentrate
- 3 oz half and half
- Fresh strawberries or raspberries
- 2 oz of Strawberry syrup
- 1 cup ( 8 oz ice) of ice
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth
Check Out Our Recent Posts:
- Cool Summer Iced Teas
- Summer and Sun Tea
- Your Favorite Tea at Home: A Definitive Brewing Guide
- Trend Alert: Whipped Coffee
- Your Favorite Coffee at Home: A Definitive Brewing Guide