Delicious and sweet coffee treats to enjoy the fall season.
Follow along with these recipes!
As we’ve settled into the fall season, pumpkin spice has found it’s way back into out lives yet again. Pumpkin spice may be the most famous fall flavor, but we feel as though there are other understated flavors that deserve some time in the limelight this season.
Sometimes, the smell of warm spices in the morning is the best way to wake up. Chai, salted caramel, and cold foam are just a few of the things you can use to spice up your fall coffee drinks at home. Keep reading for some recipes to try !
The weather is changing, but your morning coffee doesn’t have to. Using your favorite Passport espresso beans and loose leaf teas to keep your drink of choice tasting as good as possible, no matter what you choose to add.
“Fall is a wonderful time to try something new with your coffee. Warm spices compliment espresso perfectly, and tea lattes are always a classic alternative to your typical brewed tea.”– Ann Hall (co-founder)
Chai Tea Latte
This traditional tea, originating in India, includes cardamon pods, cinnamon sticks, ground cloves, ground ginger, black peppercorns, and black tea leaves. In recent years, it has been infused in coffee drinks, baked goods, and scented candles. It’s warming flavor makes it the perfect compliment to coffee.
Chai tea lattes, when served at your local chain coffee shops, are usually made with a fair amount of sweetened “chai” syrup added to a standard latte. We recommend brewing your own tea to create a drink that is true to it’s name.
- 2 shots of espresso (we recommend Siena Espresso) or 1/2 cup of coffee (Organic Tuscany is always a good choice)
- 1/4c brewed Traditional Chai concentrate (check out this brewing guide for reference)
- 1c frothed milk or milk alternative
- Optional: cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice for garnish
Quick Tip: an easy way to make frothed milk at home is by continually whisking milk in a small saucepan on medium high heat. Make sure the milk does not boil, because it will great change the flavor. Continue whisking until you have the desired amount of froth!
- Make the espresso. If using coffee, make it strong by adding a little extra coffee to whatever brewing method you are using.
- Make the tea concentrate. Use this tea brewing guide to prepare Chai tea cold brew. This brewing method naturally produces a more concentrated flavor.
- Froth the milk by stirring on medium high heat. Add in a pinch of cinnamon or pumpkin spice.
- In a mug, pour in the espresso and tea, and top it off with the frothed milk. Stir the mixture and serve hot.
Iced Pumpkin Spice Dalgona
Dalgona coffee took the internet by storm during 2020’s TikTok craze. This sweet treat is easy to make at home, and is worth the extra effort/ For a fall twist, we included pumpkin pie spice. This drink is perfect to spice up your work-from-home routine, impress your friends on social media, or make as an addition to your Thanksgiving dessert spread!
Pouring the Dalgona coffee over ice is the way to enjoy fall coffee Arizona-style!
- 2tb cold brew concentrate
- 2tb white sugar
- pumpkin pie spice
- Whole milk (we do not recommend using alternative or skimmed milks, as the extra fat contributes to the drink’s signature texture)
- Monin or Torani caramel sauce
Quick Tip: for the perfect consistency, we recommend using an electric hand-held whisk, like this one. Alternatively, you are able to do it the old fashioned way, but it takes a little over 400 whisks to reach that beautiful frothy consistency you want to aim for.
- Combine the cold brew, sugar, pumpkin spice, and whole milk in a mixing bowl. Whisk for 2-3 minutes, or until the mixture achieves a fluffy, smooth consistency.
- In a glass, pour 1-2 tb of caramel sauce, some ice, and 1 cup of whole milk. Top it off with the Dalgona coffee, and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice!
Cinnamon Dolce Latte (Passport’s version)
Starbucks may have invented it, but we perfected this delicious fall drink! Dolce is Italian for “sweet”, and defines this drink to a T. We use Torani or Monin brand caramel sauce and syrups to create a caramel latte. The added cinnamon brings out the best flavors in both the sauce and the coffee itself.
- Torani Salted Caramel syrup
- 2 sots of espresso . If using coffee, make it strong and measure out 1/4 cup.
- 6oz. milk or milk substitute
- 2tb Torani or Monin Caramel sauce
- Optional: whipped cream, cinnamon sugar, and cinnamon syrup
- ice (optional)
This recipe is easy to make, and fresh roasted coffee makes all the difference!
- Make the syrup: combine water, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a saucepan. Simmer for 5-7 minutes, or until the mixture is reduced by half.
- Add 2 tbs of the syrup in a large mug and save the rest.
- Add the espresso or coffee, and stir well.
- Fill with ice (optional), or serve hot.
- Top with whipped cream, cinnamon sugar, and cinnamon syrup.
Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam Caramel Cold Brew
This drink has it all: pumpkin flavor, creamy cold foam, sweet caramel, and smooth cold brew! It is basically a combination of all our favorite parts of different popular seasonal drinks. The title says it all!
- 1c Pumpkin Spice coffee- coarsely ground
- 1c cold water
- 1c heavy whipping cream
- 1/2c granulated sugar
- 1tb pumpkin puree
- 1tsp pumpkin spice
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2tb Monin or Torani Caramel sauce
Warning: High risk of hopping on the “foo-foo” drink train and never jumping off!
- Make the cold brew: use coarsely ground Pumpkin Spice flavored coffee and water to brew cold brew. Use our recommended cold brewing method here.
- After the cold brew is made, mix in the caramel sauce.
- Make the pumpkin cream:
- Combine heavy cream, sugar, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin spice in a saucepan. Whisk over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Before it reaches a boil, remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
- Strain the mixture into a mason jar and refrigerate.
- When the mixture is cooled, use a milk frother or shake the mason jar until a frothy mixture forms.
- Pour the cold brew over ice and top with the pumpkin cream.
We hope you enjoy these recipes to celebrate the change of season. Share with your family, friends, or anyone who needs a boost or change in their coffee routine!
Check out our store to shop our Siena Espresso- the best ingredient for espresso-based lattes!
Check Out Our Recent Posts:
- Coffee Facts to Spice Up Your Thanksgiving Dinner Small-talk.
- Understanding Dark Roasted Coffees
- Honey Hive Farms: All Things Honey + Recipes!
- Iced Coffees, Teas, & Recipes
- Summertime Highlights
Use the + sign and paste a link in the corresponding button to make a new social button appear.