Local honey, directly from Peoria, AZ
Learn about who Honey Hive Farms is, and check out some fun recipes using their delicious honey!
Passport is a proud seller of Honey Hive Farms local Arizona honey! Not only is local honey responsibly sourced, it is also the best quality you can get. Fresh honey from plants unique to Arizona, such as orange blossom and wild mesquite, is incredibly more tasty, complex, and healthier than the typical grocery store alternative.
Visit our website to shop honey, and keep reading to learn more about what they do!
Where does the honey come from?
Honey hive Farms uses Italian worker bees, which is a species first brought to the us from italy in 1859. They are the most widely-distributed honeybees and can adapt to most climates, making them perfect for Arizona!
Did you know?
Honey bees must fly over 50,000 miles and visit 2 million flowers to make just one pound of honey!
Some facts about honey:
- The average honeybee will make only 1/12 of a teaspoon of honey in its lifetime.
- Honey receives its complex flavor from the variety of flowers from which the nectar is collected.
- There are more than 300 unique kinds of honey in the U.S., and 5 of them are right here on our shelves!
“Honey Hive farms is a family-owned and operated honey bee farm that specializes in the sustainable production of high-quality honey and pollen products throughout the Valley.
Founded in 2011 by owners, Tim and Connie Moore, operations have expanded to include local, raw honey sales to individual consumers and small-scale business partners, and honey bee packages delivery to beekeepers across the country. Master Beekeeper Connie also offers beekeeping education at our urban farm in Peoria.
We are dedicated to partnering with neighboring communities to raise awareness of the necessity of honey bees by providing hands-on beekeeping classes, honey processing and tasting demonstrations, and tours of our urban farm.
For more information on honey and pollen products, class schedules, and honey room hours, visit www.HoneyHiveFarms.com”
Recipes as sweet as honey!
Use these ingredients to make your own iced coffee and tea drinks from home- all sweetened with honey. To serve, just mix the ingredients and pour over ice. Makes a 16 oz drink.
Green Grapefruit Soda
- 1 fresh squeezed lime
- 1/2 oz raspberry Torani or Monin syrup
- 1 tsp honey
- 4 oz ginger soda
- 6 oz Grapefruit Orange Green Tea
Mango Iced Tea
- 2 mangos, blended and heated in a saucepan with 1-2 tsp of honey
- 4 oz seltzer water
- 6 oz Caribbean Mango Black Tea
Honey Arnold Palmer
- 2 oz Lemonade
- 3 oz Sparkling water
- 1tsp of honey for natural sweetness
- 5 oz Mountain Berry Fruit Tea
Honey Almond Cold Brew Coffee
- Step 1: Use the cold brew method to make coffee.
- Step 2: Pour the brewed coffee into ice trays and freeze.
- Step 3: Place the frozen cubes in a glass, and pour unsweetened almond milk over them.
- Step 4: Drizzle with honey, and add a splash of Toasted Almond Monin syrup.
Check Out Our Recent Posts: